Recently, a friend shared her recipe for One-Pot Pasta Bolognese, which she modified from a Betty Crocker recipe. I thought it still needed something, so….
I decided red wine and mushrooms were what this dish needed. I’ve been playing with this recipe for a while, and finally have something that doesn’t sit in the refrigerator as a leftover.
One Pot Spaghetti
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion,chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2-14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ chipotle pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 12 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and mushrooms. Saute until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Add hamburger, cook until it is browned.
- Stir in tomato paste, diced tomatoes,broth, wine,and seasonings. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Break spaghetti into fourths. Tuck the spaghetti into the sauce, making sure the spaghetti is completely covered.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cook 15-17 minutes, until pasta is at your desired consistency.
- Top with cheese and basil
I’ve since found a few other one pot pasta dishes, hope to try some of them in the near future. These would be great for camping, too!