We are still eating ham from Easter. I figure ham is so well preserved that, if you cook it well, it won’t make you sick. I saw this Emeril recipe on the Food Network website for Spiced Baked Ham with Sweet Potatoes.
The flavor combination sounded interesting, though I did not end up using the spicy ingredients. Since I was using leftover ham slices rather than a whole ham, I baked it like a casserole. It was yummy!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped, cooked ham
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Combine sweet potatoes and ham in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over sweet potatoes, toss to combine. Pour into 13X9 pan which has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees until sweet potatoes are soft, about 40 minutes.