I think I first attempted twice baked sweet potatoes almost a year ago. My first attempt was completely unsuccessful. I had forgotten about trying again until I saw the nice, small sweet potatoes in our box this week. Once I actually started preparing them this time, I decided that they were actually too small to stuff, so I ended up making a casserole instead. The herbs and feta tone down the sweetness of the sweet potatoes a little.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork, then bake for about 1 hour at 375 degrees, until very soft. Allow to cool.
- Remove skins from the potatoes, place the meat in bowl. Add butter and milk, beat until well combined. Add thyme, rosemary, and marjoram, continue beating until smooth. Place mixture in a 1½ quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Top casserole with feta. Bake 10 more minutes.