I was a little worried about the green beans in our harvest box this week, so I wanted to use them right away. I didn’t have time to go to the store, and was planning to use some dried herbs and bake them with chicken. I can’t believe I was out of rosemary! Standing in front of my spice cabinet, I noticed some Chinese Five Spice powder, and decided to give it a shot. This simple main dish was very tasty, and only took 40 minutes start to finish. (Eight minutes of that was trimming the beans, and 30 minutes of baking time.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder, divided
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thinly
- In a large bowl, combine oil and ¼ teaspoon of the Chinese Five Spice powder. Add green beans and toss to combine. Place beans in an 11 X 7 pan.
- Add the remaining Chinese Five Spice powder to the oil remaining in the bowl. Dredge chicken in the oil. Place on top of beans.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
Simple, isn’t it?