Tot soi is an Asian green, similar to mustard greens. It cooks up nicely, but it cooks down a lot. The bunch we got yielded about 2 cups of leaves, which was barely enough for 2 people. This was a simple, 5 minute side dish that I served with baked salmon.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 thai peppers, chopped
- 2 cups tot soi leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and peppers, saute for 1 minute.
- Add tot soi, continue to saute until greens start to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into pan, saute another minute longer, until greens are wilted.
- Top with sesame seeds.
Have you ever seen tot soi in your local grocery store? I’d like to try this again, with a larger quantity of leaves.