While our son is home from the Navy, I’ve been trying to show him that vegetables are easy to cook. We got a good supply of summer squash in our box this week-7 golden zucchini and 3 pan squash. I whipped up this grilled squash to serve as a side dish with grilled chicken. It was pretty bland, until I added some lemon juice which really improved the flavor.
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat grill and grill skillet.
- Combine squash, basil, and olive oil. Spoon onto the grill skillet. (Don't pour it in or you will have a huge flare up and burn the squash.) Grill squash until softened, stirring frequently.
- Remove squash from pan and place in bowl. Add lemon juice.
I realized tonight that I have grilled 4 of the last 5 nights. I love summer!