Mango makes really good salsa! I found this recipe from The Food Addicts, but wanted to try a different marinade for the pork. I found this recipe on yummly that fit the bill. The combination was really good. This makes a HUGE quantity of salsa. I used some with my eggplant chips, and found it absolutely addicting.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 limes, divided
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 1½ cup cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1½ cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup watermelon, seeded and chopped
- ¾ cup red onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Combine garlic, onion powder, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons cilantro and juice and zest of 1 lime in a zip top bag. Put pork chops in bag. Marinate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine mango, cucumber, tomatoes, watermelon, onion, jalapeno, and remaining cilantro. Whisk together remaining oil, juice of remaining lime, vinegar, and orange juice. Pour over salsa, stir to combine. Refrigerate several hours.
- Grill pork chops over medium low heat, approximately 15-20 minutes. Serve topped with the salsa.