Our son is still home from his Navy school, and I am still trying to get him to eat better. Hope this translates into better eating when he goes back! I was grilling a steak tonight, and wanted a simple, quick side dish to throw together after work. This salad definitely fit the bill! My husband described it as a good combination of sweet and sour. It is very low calorie, too.
- 2 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine watermelon, cucumbers and strawberries.
- Whisk olive oil into vinegar.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.