The Dinosaur Kale in this week’s box was so fresh and green, I wanted to cook it right away. Kale and potatoes is a classic combination. This recipe from Simply Recipes looked pretty good, but I like my potatoes a little fried rather than just boiled. I also wanted to use some of the red onion from the box. So, here is what I came up with.
- 1 pound thin skinned potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- juice of ½ of the lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cubed potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, cook 20 minutes until soft. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add cooked potatoes, kale, garlic, and red onion. Saute until kale is wilted and tender.
- Add lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and toss before serving.
Hope you are enjoying the recipes! Please let me know if you have tried any of them.