In the past, my “cooking” with cucumber has consisted of cutting some up and throwing it it a green salad. This recipe is a take off on the recipe Farmer Monte sent with our Harvest Box this week. I had some tarragon vinegar in the pantry and decided to try it.
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup tarragon vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Mix oil and vinegar. Pour over cucumbers.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Cucumbers will be a regular staple in the Harvest Box come summer. What do you do with cucumbers?