Getting a late start on blogging today. It is going to be one busy week. I’m most excited that my husband is going to build me a small garden in our back yard, so I can start growing some of my own produce! I will be getting a bit of a late start this year, but will hopefully be able to get some veggies in now and do some fall planting as well. I’m already thinking about what I want to plant early next spring. (Snow peas, here I come!)
I don’t remember exactly how I came across this recipe from Get Crocked for Zuppa Toscana. As soon as I read it, I immediately thought, “Leeks!” This soup has a really interesting flavor. I can’t wait to eat some of the leftover soup for lunch (even if it is supposed to be 90 degrees today.)
- ¾ pound ground turkey Italian sausage, browned
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut in bite sized pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large leeks, white and light green parts only, cut in half lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put all the ingredients except the cream in crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add cream right before serving.