I spent the end of last week nursing a cold. I don’t do sick well. Fortunately, my husband is patient, and can cook! I was feeling better yesterday, so we worked together, grilling a bunch of vegetables. I did the chopping and prepping, he did the grilling.
I used this basic recipe from the Food Network. This can be really flexible, use whatever vegetables are fresh and available. I made way too many vegetables, I probably could have fed 8 people with this platter!
- vegetables-I used zucchini, tomatoes, baby portobello mushrooms, bell peppers, and asparagus
- olive oil to coat the vegetables
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- a couple of sprigs of rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Cut bell peppers in half and seed. Cut tomatoes in half. Slice zucchini lengthwise in half inch slices.
- Coat all the vegetables in olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium heat until done.
- While vegetables are grilling, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with balsamic vinegar and rosemary.
- Place vegetables on a platter. Pour vinegar mixture over.