Arugula is a peppery green in the mustard family. Until recently, I had only used it in soup, but have discovered that it also makes a great salad! Farmer Monte included a recipe for arugula in our box this week, and I jazzed it up with some pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
- 1 bunch arugula (about 8 cups)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of 1-2 lemons (depending on how much you like lemon)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- Place arugula in a large bowl. Add pine nuts and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Toss again.
- Top with shaved parmesan cheese.