We got apricots in our box two weeks in a row. A LOT of apricots. Since we are not big apricot eaters, I decided to make a pie to serve for dessert. I found this recipe for Apricot Pie with Coconut Crumble from Martha Stewart, but wanted to use an oatmeal crumble. I also decreased the amount of sugar. Our company gave this a thumbs up; and I hope you will, too.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 1¼ pound apricots, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- prepared pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine oats, coconut, brown sugar, and flour in food processor. Add butter and process until mixture is crumbly.
- In a bowl, combine apricots, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Pour into prepared pie crust. Sprinkle with oatmeal mixture. (I only used about ¾ of the mixture.)
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until filling is bubbly throughout. Start watching the pie after about 30 minutes and tent with aluminum foil when the crust is brown.