I have no idea how I ended up with Impossible Pie on my menu this week. I still remember looking at the recipe on the Bisquick box and thinking, “Really??” I don’t make one often. The original Betty Crocker recipe can be found here.
Our New Mexico State Fair starts in a couple of weeks. One of the contests decides the best green chile cheeseburger in New Mexico. Maybe I should enter?
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced green chile
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup biscuit mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with non stick cooking spray.
- Brown bacon, ground beef, and onion in a skillet. Add green chile, heat through. Pour into prepared pie pan. Top with cheese.
- Whisk together biscuit mix, milk, and eggs. Pour over cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges.