Happy Labor Day! Hope you are having a relaxing day off from your usual labors.
I made Macaroni salad with a New Mexico twist yesterday. I wanted to use as much produce from my garden as possible. I found a recipe for Jalapeno Ranch Dressing from Closet Cooking, which was the perfect dressing for this salad.
I only used one jalapeno pepper in the dressing, which was great for us. Obviously, an extra pepper (or leaving in some seeds) would give you more heat. The jalapeno peppers and tomatoes came from our garden, the carrots, lime and onion from our harvest box.
- ¾ pound macaroni, cooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 carrots, shredded
- ½ small onion, minced
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem and seeds removed
- juice of ½ of a lime
- handful of cilantro
- Combine cooked macaroni, tomatoes, carrots, and onion in a large bowl.
- In the blender, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro. Process until smooth. Pour over salad, toss to combine.
- Chill salad for at least 1 hour.