If you have been following my blog for a long time, you might recognize this recipe. This was one of the first green chile recipes I shared, back in 2011. My food photography is getting better, so I’ve decided to re-post some of my older recipes with new (hopefully more appealing) photographs.
These quesadillas are really easy to prepare. They are also a great way to sneak some vegetables into your diet!
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup green chile, chopped
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and onion. Saute until the vegetables start to get soft.
- Add black beans and chile. Continue cooking until the beans are heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spray both sides of an indoor grill with non stick cooking spray. Place a tortilla on the bottom plate of the grill. Top with ¼ cup cheese, then ¾ cup of the vegetable mixture. Top with another ⅛ cup cheese. Place a second tortilla on top. Lower the top plate and cook for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. (You can also cook in a skillet on the stove, flipping the quesadilla half way through.)
- Remove quesadilla and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter. Repeat with remaining ingredients.