I was not expecting green beans in our CSA box this week. (We were supposed to get cucumbers.) It was a pleasant surprise. I would have ordered them instead if that had been an option! Fresh green beans always remind me of helping my Mom and Grandma in the garden when I was growing up in Wisconsin.
I’ve done a similar recipe on the grill in the past, but there is something earthy about roasting vegetables that just can’t be accomplished any other way.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place green beans in a medium bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat. Spread the beans on a cookie sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and rosemary to pan, toss to combine. Roast an additional 15 minutes.