I was looking forward to getting Japanese sweet turnips in our last box. I had a grand plan for a stir fry using the turnip and greens. Unfortunately, Skarsgard Farms had other ideas, and we only got the turnips. So, I needed a plan B.
OK, so this didn’t photograph very well. They tasted pretty good, though. Pairing a spicy herb with a sweet vegetable often works well.
- 1 bunch Japanese sweet turnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cayenne pepper and salt to taste (not too much!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut turnips into bite sized pieces. Toss with oil and seasonings. Pour onto a shallow baking pan.
- Roast turnips for 20 minutes, turning half way through.