We got zucchini from the farm (again!) this week. It is way to early for me to be struggling for something new to make with zucchini. Fortunately for me, there is Pinterest! I found this great recipe from The Mushroom Council for Tortellini with Mushrooms, Zucchini, and Bell Pepper. We also got a lot of bell pepper, so this killed 2 birds with 1 stone.
I changed the spicing and sauce (added some wine!), and also added some carrots for more color and texture. The leftovers are even better the next day!
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup red wine
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- While tortellini is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute carrots, pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms until they begin to soften.
- Combine garlic, rosemary, and basil. Add to skillet and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add broth and wine, cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add tortellini, toss and cook until tortellini is reheated.