I’m always on the lookout for good sweet potato recipes. I am trying to find new and different flavor combinations. I was really excited when I found this Bobby Flay recipe on the Food Network website for sweet potatoes grilled with lime and cilantro.
These sweet potatoes have a really nice flavor. Not too hot. They were a hit at our barbeque. I was too lazy to do all the steps of pre microwaving, so I threw everything in a foil packet. (Actually, 2 foil packets.)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- grated rind from 1 lime
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Thinly slice potatoes. Divide them between 2 sheets of heavy duty foil, which has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oil, salt, and pepper. Divide over potatoes. Fold foil into packets.
- Cook packets over medium grill approximately 30 minutes, turning at least once. Potatoes should be soft.
- Remove potatoes from foil. Top with lime rind and cilantro, toss to combine.