We did a lot of entertaining last week. I normally don’t experiment on company (except our niece and her husband), but I figured I was safe with the salad I served for a barbeque.
This would be a great side dish for your Memorial Day party. It is important that you use BABY bok choy, since the more mature product is tougher and not suitable to use raw.
- 2 small heads baby bok choy, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 3 large radishes, sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine bok choy, carrots, and radishes. Set aside.
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in a shaker jar. Shake well.
- Pour dressing over vegetables just before serving. Top with slivered almonds.