We have been getting zucchini in our box almost every week. I think the ones we are getting now are from Mexico, but they grow quite easily here, too. This week, I chose to make a soup from vegalicious with the zucchini.
I expected this to be spicy, but it wasn’t. You could add another jalapeno pepper or some additional cumin if you want more heat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion for about 3 minutes. Add zucchini and continue to saute until zucchini softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cumin, ground pepper, jalapeno, black beans, and corn. Bring to a boil and simmer until zucchini softens, about 20 minutes.
- Add sour cream and cilantro. Stir to combine.