I’ve been using the crock pot a lot lately. It is just so darned convenient! Put the ingredients in the night before, plug it in before I leave for work and come home to dinner.
The inspiration for this dish comes from Kalyn’s Kitchen. Kalyn is one of my favorite food bloggers. She shares really healthy and delicious meals.
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 pound precooked smoked turkey sausage, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 15 ounce can black beans
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place chard in bottom of crock pot. Top with sausage.
- Drain beans, reserving liquid. Rinse beans. Place beans in crock.
- Combine bean liquid, chicken broth, chili powder, and cumin. Pour over chard, sausage, and beans. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add cilantro just prior to serving.