Sweet potatoes are one of the vegetables I “discovered” when we started getting our CSA boxes. My prior experience with them consisted of the mashed kind topped with marshmallows. They were on my “hate that” list. Not anymore!
Sweet potatoes are now one of the vegetables I will often substitute in for something we don’t need. I especially like them roasted. In this recipe, the sweet potatoes are baked with feta, walnuts, and dried cranberries (many of my favorite flavors). The inspiration for this recipe came from Cara’s Cravings.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ⅓ cup walnut pieces
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary in a 2 quart baking dish. Spread into a single layer. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with walnuts, cheese, and cranberries. Return to oven and bake (uncovered) for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are soft and cheese is brown.
I’m thinking about trying this on the grill next time.