We had family in from out of town recently, and I had planned to make shish kebobs while they were visiting. Unfortunately, they left earlier than I planned. I needed to use up all the parts, but didn’t want to go through all the effort of making kebobs just for my husband and me, so I decided to put everything in the crock pot instead. The sauce recipe is a marinade from The Settlement Cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 onion, cut in large chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine ginger, sugar, soy sauce, orange juice, oil, and garlic in crock pot. Add stew meat, onion, and peppers. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Add pineapple and tomatoes. Continue cooking for 1 hour. Serve over rice.
Hope you won’t think I’m lazy for not skewering!