I was so excited to see mini peppers in our box this week. They make a great appetizer, very quick and easy. I served this between games of our Agricola marathon this weekend. I have shared a similar recipe previously, but these peppers were definitely appetizer sized. The bacon I used this time really added flavor, especially in combination with the red pepper flakes.
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 pint mini bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place feta cheese, bacon, and red pepper flakes in bowl of food processor, process until crumbly.
- Wash and dry peppers. Cut a slice lengthwise and crosswise in pepper. (I cut the crosswise slice near the stem to facilitate removal of the seeds.) Scrape out seeds.
- Fill peppers with filling. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers soften.
I might have to grow mini peppers this year, so I can make these all the time!