One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was a new programmable crock pot. No more overcooking dinner when it cooks all day! I’ve been trying all kinds of different recipes while I’ve been off work, just to see how it performs. (So far, so good.) I was looking for something to do with all those oranges in this week’s box, and thought an orange chicken dish would be good. This Food.com recipe for Orange Stir Fry Sauce sounded really good. I added a little ginger to spice it up a bit.
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (found in the Oriental foods section)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Combine orange juice and zest, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, and ginger. Place chicken in crock pot, pour sauce over. Cook in crock pot on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken, return to pot. Add vegetables, stir to combine. Turn crock up to high and cook for 30-60 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.
Did you get any new kitchen tools for Christmas? Let me know!