I love sweet potatoes! Roasted, fried, baked-it doesn’t matter. I found this Yummly recipe for sweet potato burritos, and decided to give it a try. What a southwest treat! I was amazed at how good they turned out.
Bean and Sweet Potato Burriotos
Recipe type: Main
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped green chile
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6-8 burrito sized tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- salsa and sour cream for topping
- Bake sweet potatoes at 400 degrees until very soft, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool. (I did this ahead.) Scoop the potato from the skin. Mash pulp.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent and garlic starts to brown. Add mashed sweet potato, beans, and chile. Heat through. Remove skillet from heat, stir in cilantro.
- Divide cheese, then sweet potato mixture on the tortillas. Fold burrito style. Place seam side down in 13 X 9 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Serve topped with salsa and sour cream.
I wonder what else I could put in a burrito….