I was perusing Pinterest the other day, and found this recipe from Shelly Heim for Balsamic Vinegar Chicken. It looked so good, I had to try it. I was all set to start cooking, and realized that the chilly weather a couple of nights ago killed my basil, so I had to make some major adjustments to the recipe method. I also changed out the mushrooms with the summer squash from our box.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ pound summer squash, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Brown chicken breasts, turning once.
- Place browned chicken into 11 X 7 baking dish. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Add garlic, summer squash, tomatoes, and onion. Drizzle with remaining oil and vinegar. Top with cheese.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.