I love fresh green beans. I remember my Mom growing green beans in our garden when I was young. (I also have less fond memories of weeding those beans!) I was planning to serve the beans from our latest box with some Oriental spiced grilled pork chops, so I decided to make them spicy. I found this recipe for Sweet and Spicy Green Beans from allrecipes.com. I decided to use some of the green chile from our box instead of the garlic chili sauce. The results were spicy good! If you are not a big spicy food eater, you might want to cut back on the chile.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chile
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Steam beans for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Saute steamed beans for 5 minutes.
- While beans are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add to skillet and continue to saute, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed. Serve immediately.
I’m thinking about running a survey of my readers next week, and I hope everyone will participate.