I must still be out of the blogging habit. I made a great new recipe tonight, and forgot to take a picture to post with the recipe! You will have to take my word for it-this recipe looks a little funky but tasted great! I used the leeks and potatoes from our box with some Italian sausage and apple to make a “one pot meal.”
- 1 pound thin skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 20 ounce package sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon beef bullion
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled, and chopped
- Scrub potatoes and prick with fork. Microwave on high until soft, 8-10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, remove casing from sausage. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet. Brown sausage in oil. Remove sausage from pan.
- Remove potatoes from microwave and set aside until they are cool enough to handle. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add potatoes and begin browning. When the potatoes start to brown, add chopped leeks and continue to cook until potatoes are browned.
- Dissolve bullion in water. Add to skillet with chopped apple and browned sausage. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes, until mixture is heated through and thickens.
Sorry about the lack of a photo. I’ll try to grab one next time I make this.