In many parts of the country, salsa is some mushy tomato stuff in a jar. In reality, the definition of salsa is a mixture of chopped vegetables (or fruits) that is used as a condiment. I decided to use some of the cucumbers from this week’s box to make a salsa to serve on grilled fish. While the fish was grilling, I was “sampling” the salsa with chips, and it tasted good for that, too! Feel free to adjust the proportions to your taste. Salsa is not an exact science!
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- ¼ large red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients. Serve over meat, with chips, or any way you usually use salsa.
I put this over grilled salmon and served it with Zucchini with Corn and Cilantro from Health.com.