We have gotten Japanese Sweet Turnips in our box a couple of times now, and I really like their mild flavor. I found several recipes for cooking them with their greens. Unfortunately, ours came without the greens attached. So, I decided to use the beet greens instead for a simple side dish on a work night.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch (about 100) Japanese turnips, cleaned and thinly sliced
- Greens from a bunch of beets, leaves only, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute sliced turnips about 5 minutes.
- Add beet greens. Continue to saute about 2 minutes.
- Add broth. Cover skillet. Cook until greens are wilted, about 5 minutes.