I love pasta! It is so flexible-you can put almost anything in it. I left the arugula too long to eat it uncooked, so I decided to use some of the huge quantity of onions and garlic we’ve been getting and throw it all in a pasta. We grilled some chicken breasts and added them in. It was so satisfying!
- 6 ounces whole wheat linguini
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomato halves
- 5 ounces arugula
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- In the mean time, season chicken with oregano. Grill over medium heat until done.
- While the pasta and chicken are cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add drained pasta to skillet, toss to combine. Add arugula and basil, continue to toss.
- Add cheese and grilled chicken to skillet, toss to combine.