Broccoli is in season, so I’ve been ordering it with every box. I decided to go with a spicy version this time, loosely based on several different recipes I saw on line. I wasn’t sure how well broccoli would roast, but it actually turned out pretty good! The crushed red pepper flakes gave it nice flavor, and just a bit of heat.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 6 button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss to combine. Spread on a jelly roll or roasting pan.
- Roast 10-15 minutes, until broccoli begins to caramelize.
I served this as a side dish with grilled fish. Healthy and delicious!