It’s a very busy week at our house, so I plan to use the crock pot a lot. While looking for a way to cook sweet potatoes in the crock pot, I came across this recipe from About.com for a cranberry apple combination. I decided to change it up a little, with fresh apple rather than apple sauce, and dried cranberries. I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg, since those spices went well with all of the other ingredients.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4-6 pork chops, trimmed
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Spray crock with non-stick cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes, apples, and cranberries in crock, stir to combine.
- Place pork chops on top of sweet potato mixture.
- Combine chicken broth, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour over all.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.