I didn’t realize until I started writing this post that I had scheduled two pasta dishes this week. Guess I have been craving comfort food, and pasta definitely is a comfort food! I started tonight’s pasta with this recipe from Simply Recipes. Rather than the hot spices, I decided to go with lemon instead. I wish I had used more lemon, but that might be a personal taste thing, so I am not going to adjust it in the recipe. If you really like lemon, you might want to double up on the lemon juice.
- 6 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-6 ounce cans tuna
- 6 ounces arugula, cleaned and trimmed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- While spaghetti cooks, heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, saute until it just starts to brown. Add tuna and continue to cook, until the tuna is heated through.
- Add drained spaghetti and arugula to tuna mixture. Top with lemon juice and cheese. Toss to combine.
I’ve shared a couple of pasta dishes in a row. What do you put in your pasta?