I generally get home from work pretty early, but have several hours of paperwork to complete at the end of the day. One of my goals is to start using my crock pot more, so I can work right up until the time my husband gets home. I’m on a stew kick right now, and this one was a winner for sure! It is loosely based on a Guinness Stew camping recipe a friend shared with me. We aren’t big dark beer drinkers, so I used some Sam Adams for this recipe. I wouldn’t use light beer; there just isn’t enough flavor there.
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ lbs beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon beef bullion granules
- 1 bottle beer
- Combine flour and thyme in a large bowl. Add beef cubes and toss to combine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove beef cubes from flour and brown in hot oil. Add remaining flour mixture to crock pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion, browned beef, bullion,and beer to crock pot, stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
What do you make in your crock pot?