What a busy week! Our menu plan for the week required some alterations because of my work schedule. We got to the end of the week with more veggies in the refrigerator than I expected. Since one can’t roast spinach, I decided to try a fried rice dish instead. I dug out everything I could find, chopped it up, and combined it with some leftover teriyaki pork and rice. Yum!
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1½ cup chopped carrots
- ¾ cup chopped red pepper
- 10 ounces spinach, stems trimmed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (should have been cooked at least 24 hours prior)
- 2 cups shredded pork
- several tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok or large skillet. Add carrots, pepper, and spinach. Stir fry until spinach is wilted and the remaining vegetables are tender. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, scramble the eggs well, breaking into very small pieces. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Add rice and pork. Stir fry until heated through. Return vegetables and eggs to the pan. Add several tablespoons of soy sauce, to taste. Continue to stir fry until all ingredients are hot.