I had 3 small beets left after making muffins, so I decided to cook them on the grill with our chicken tonight. Three small beets were not a huge amount, but I figured it would be enough for the two of us. I wish we could have had more, because these were really good!
- 3 small to medium beets, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ orange, zested and juiced
- Preheat grill to medium. Tear off a 3 foot piece of heavy duty wide aluminum foil. Fold in half. Spray one side with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place diced beets on foil, pour oil over. Drugstore wrap the foil around the beets. Place on grill for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- After removing from the grill, top cooked beets with orange zest and orange juice. Stir to combine.
It was dark and below freezing when I turned off the grill. Does winter weather prevent you from cooking outdoors?