While searching for kale recipes this week, I saw several pasta recipes. All of them had a bunch of ingredients that I didn’t have available. I decided to use several of the ingredients in our harvest box and mix it with some pasta, just to see how it would come out. This is a quick recipe, and you could substitute just about any vegetable you had on hand if you need something in a hurry on a work night
- 5-6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1-14 ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1-14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Saute carrots, onion, and kale stems for 5 minutes. Add kale leaves and continue to cook until kale leaves are wilted.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, basil, and oregano to vegetable mixture. Cook on low to heat through.
- Add drained spaghetti to skillet, toss to combine.
Since I am working full time now, I am looking for fast meals. Please send me your suggestions!