I’m cooking today, but we did a lot of the prep work yesterday. Can’t miss any of those football games! I’m planning to make a couple of side dishes on the grill, in order to free up oven space for the turkey and dressing. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to Thanksgiving. I still make dressing the same way my Mom did when I was a kid.
Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Turkey and Gravy
- Dressing with Celery and Onions
- Mashed Potatoes (my daughter is making them from scratch, using a secret ingredient)
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes (still need to post this recipe one of these days)
- Grilled Green Bean “Casserole”
- Whole Cranberry Sauce (recipe off the back of the bag)
- Pumpkin Pie
Today, I am thankful for family, friends, and the new job I will be starting soon. What are you thankful for?