Last summer, we got huge eggplants in our box several weeks in a row. I always dreaded trying to find something to make with eggplant. When we got our first eggplant this year, I found this recipe for Eggplant Chips from What’s Gaby Cooking, and decided to try it. My first effort was not so successful, because I cut the eggplant too thickly. This time, I used the thinnest slicing blade on my food processor (2mm), and they were much better! The Cajun seasoning makes them taste great alone, or you can serve them with salsa.
- 2 small eggplant
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (low sodium if you can find it)
- Wash and peel eggplant. Slice eggplant with 2 mm blade of food processor.
- Place eggplant in a single layer on a parchment paper covered baking pan. Sprinkle with salt. Let sit 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blot moisture from both sides of eggplant slices and return to pan.
- Mix olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Brush onto both sides of eggplant slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
I think I’m going to make these again, as a game day snack. With football season coming up, what are you planning to eat on game day?