The first time I ate at Genghis Grill, my friends had to practically drag me into the restaurant. I had visions of a lot of meat and not much else. Well, the Mongolian BBQ has become a favorite! I love their Island Teriyaki sauce. I found this a sauce recipe at allrecipes.com that sounded similar. I thought this would be a good way to use the spring onions and remaining bell pepper.
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, with juice
- Additional orange juice to total 1 cup (for me, it was a couple of tablespoons)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound round steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas, cleaned and strings removed
- 1 cup sliced spring onion (regular onions probably would work, but use less)
- 2-3 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Measure juice, add additional orange juice to make one cup. To juice, add soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and ginger.
- Add half of the juice mixture to the beef, mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetables and stir fry until tender crisp, 3-5 minutes. Remove vegetables from the pan and keep warm.
- Drain beef, discard marinade. Stir fry in the same pan until meat is no longer pink.
- Add vegetables and drained pineapple into pan. Mix well.
- Add cornstarch to reserved marinade. Pour into pan. Heat until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Where do you eat out?