The bell peppers in our box this week were pretty small, less than 2 inches across. In the past, I had made a variation this recipe for Feta-Stuffed Mini Peppers. I decided to use the same filling, even though these peppers were a little bigger than “mini.” I thought I would need less filling than I did, so I made a small batch. Next time, I will make a full batch. (I have already adjusted the recipe; so if you follow the directions, you should have plenty of filling for 6 small peppers.)
- 4 ounces spinach
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 small bell peppers, any color
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash spinach and remove stems. Cut the leaves into thin strips.
- Combine spinach, feta cheese, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Remove a thin slice from the top or side of each pepper. Scoop out the seeds. Stuff each pepper with the filling, mounding it over the top of the pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until peppers are slightly soft.