This week is a “variations on a theme” sort of week. Last month, I shared this recipe for beets on the grill. I wanted something that was an easy work night side dish, plus I wanted to get a true taste of the orange beets. (I didn’t think they tasted much different than the red beets.) The spices I used this time gave the beets a different flavor, which was quite pleasant.
- 4 medium beets, trimmed, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup basil leaves (packed)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium. Cut a 4 foot sheet of wide aluminum foil. Fold it in half and spray one side with non stick cooking spray.
- Place peeled and cut beets on the foil.
- Coarsely chop herbs. Add to beets. Pour oil over.
- Drugstore wrap the foil. Place packet on grill. Grill for 30 minutes (or until soft), turning once.