My husband and I recently started sponsoring engaged couples at our church. When we meet with a couple for the first time, we always invite them to share a meal with us. Last weekend, we served sandwiches and this cabbage salad for lunch with our new couple.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 6 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup chow mein noodles
- Toast sesame seeds and almonds separately.
- Place shredded cabbage and onions in a bowl to combine.
- Whisk together canola and sesame oils, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Pour over salad.
- Add sesame seeds, almonds, and chow mein noodles. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
I promised you and update on those murcott tangerines. They were indeed very juicy, but not a seed in sight! I would definitely buy those again.